The 2012 SCSI Trade Association Technology Showcase Event “Taming the Data Beast” Will Highlight the Latest in SAS Advancements
In today’s digital environment which continues to explode at a historically unprecedented rate, the datacenter has evolved into an atmosphere of increasing storage complexities, high transaction processing and a fracturing enterprise that can all add up to an unruly “beast.” At this year’s SCSI Trade Association (STA) Technology Showcase, attendees will see first-hand how cutting-edge Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) technology solutions are tackling these issues and “Taming the Data Beast.”
|What:||SCSI Trade Association Technology Showcase: Taming the Data Beast!|
|When:||Wednesday, May 9, 6:30 p.m. — 9:30 p.m.|
|Where:||Santa Clara Hyatt, 5101 Great America Parkway, Santa Clara, CA 95054|
|Sponsors:||Amphenol, FCI, Fusion-io, Hitachi Global Storage Technologies, HP, Intel, JDSU, LSI, LeCroy, Molex, PMC-Sierra, SanDisk, Seagate, SerialTek, TE, Toshiba, WD and Xyratex|
|Showcase Supporters:||ATTO Technology, Dell, IBM, Microsoft and NetApp|
If you have questions, please contact Michael LoBue at +1.415.561.6273 or LoBue@scsita.org. To keep current on the latest event details, follow-us on Twitter: @SAS_Storage.
6:30 p.m. — Presentations
|Welcome and Introduction:||
Harry Mason, President, STA
Director, Industry Marketing, LSI Corporation
“The Surge of Storage: A Market Overview and Trends”
Benjamin Woo, Program Vice President
IDC’s Worldwide Storage Systems Research
“Reaping the Rewards of SAS Developments”
Dennis Martin, President, Demartek
“Windows Offload Data Transfer (ODX)”
Steve Olsson, Principal Program Manager Lead
Windows Core OS, Microsoft
“SCSI Express: The Smart Path to PCIe Storage”
Ron Noblett, HP, Vice President, Infrastructure & Storage
Industry-standard Servers & Software, Hyperscale
“SAS, A Peek into the Future”
Marty Czekalski, Vice President, STA
Interface and Emerging Architecture Program Manager, Seagate
7:30 p.m. — Must See Demos
|SAS Goes the Distance||
Direct Storage to Server Connections for the Datacenter
Reliability and Availability — The Heart of Enterprise Storage
|Tiered Storage in a Flash||
Tiered Storage Solutions with SAS
|“No Compromise” Performance||
12Gb/s SAS Designs Underway
|Storage Connectivity Solutions||
Higher Density, Managed Interface
|Advancements in PCIe Storage||
A Preview of SCSI Express
|Accelerating Remove Copy with Windows ODX||
Multiple Demonstrations of T10’s Extended Copy Command
You won’t want to miss…
- You’ll see a host of compelling hands-on demonstrations showcasing 12Gb/s SAS, “no compromise” performance, advancements in storage scaling, server clustering, caching/tiering , reliability and connectivity.
- A registration bag with sponsored give-aways (storage SWAG).
- Industry breaking news surrounding PCIe-based storage and major announcements from industry leading server and storage OEMs.
- A newly innovated “Offloaded Data Transfer” (ODX) technology to perform data movement with tokenized operations.
- Presentations at 6:30 pm. including expert insight from leading research and analyst firms IDC and Demartek on the complex storage industry with its myriad of variables.
- Special guest speakers to be announced.
- An opportunity to meet, network and discuss the latest trends with storage/server OEMs, industry influencers and experts.
- STA Hosted bar / reception at 7:30 p.m. featuring public demonstrations of the hottest advancements in enterprise storage.
“The STA Technology Showcase is a ‘can’t miss’ opportunity,” said Harry Mason, director of Industry Marketing, LSI, and president of STA. “We’re anticipating a significant industry announcement at the event and a vigorous turnout from the storage industry experts and influencers who will be eager to see and discuss market advancements in 12Gb/s SAS adoption, improved connectivity, developments from STA in support of PCIe-based storage and more.”
Register NOW for the STA “Taming the Data Beast” Showcase below. If you have questions, please contact Michael LoBue at +1.415.561.6273 or LoBue@scsita.org. Be sure to return to the site frequently to keep current on the latest event details or follow-us on Twitter: @SAS_Storage.