Rick Kutcipal, STA Board of Directors; Product Planning, Data Center Solution Group, Broadcom Inc.
Tim Symons, Associate Technical Fellow, Microchip Technology, Inc.; Member of T10 developing SAS since 2005, Editor of SAS Protocol Layer (SPL)
|Date:||June 16, 2020|
About this Webcast
As a follow-on to our popular SAS 101 webcast titled “The Most Widely Deployed Storage Interface,” we’re excited to present a deeper look into Serial Attached SCSI (SAS), a scalable serial interconnect that moves data to, from, and within storage devices and systems.
The expert presenters with decades of experience in the storage industry will discuss the benefits of SAS and the recent enhancements designed to reach new application performance levels. No one can deny that SAS has set the bar with its inherent scalability and flexibility in modern data center, server, and storage topologies.
In this webcast, you will learn about recent evolutions in SAS enterprise features including 24G SAS and what they mean to system designers:
- 2.4 GB/s effective single-lane bandwidth (22.5 Gbaud rate)
- Unmatched Scalability and Reach
- 20-bit Forward Error Correction for more robust reliability
- Enhanced transmitter training algorithm for better signal integrity
- System-level manageability
- Fairness enhancements for performance consistency across protocol topologies