August 23-25, 2005, San Francisco
Serial Attached SCSI: Revolutionizing Storage Architecture
- STA has booth # 126 in the IDF Storage Community Area. Ask for a STA press kit at the booth, as it contains press releases from member companies who are introducing new SAS products or recently introduced products at IDF. Pick up a copy of Serial Storage Wire, the SAS newsletter from STA.
- Plan to visit the STA booth during “Sneak Peak” on Tues., Aug. 23, between 5-6pm, when press and analysts are invited to visit the show floor before exhibits open to the public. Also plan to attend the IDF reception from 6-8pm on the show floor. STA booth attendants will be happy to show you the demonstration, answer your questions and hand out literature. Be sure to ask for a STA press kit if you do not have a SAS briefing scheduled with STA.
- The SAS/SATA demonstration features a server with an internal enclosure populated with a total of 16 SAS and SATA 2.5″ and 3.5″ drives, half from Fujitsu and half from Seagate. The external 16-bay enclosure contains 3.5″ SAS and/or SATA drives from Fujitsu, Hitachi GST, Maxtor and Seagate. The demonstration shows the compatibility and power of SAS and SATA drives for data storage. This is the first time that a public demonstration will include all of the STA member vendors of controllers and drives in a single demo and illustrates the interoperability and flexibility of the various components running in one system. An IOmeter will show the data rates.
- On Wed., Aug. 24, from 3:30-4:20pm, session # STGS001 in a classroom (check the program for classroom location), Marty Czekalski of Maxtor and Bob Sheffield of Intel will present, “SAS: Revolutionizing Storage Architecture.” Everyone is invited.
- Press and analysts are invited to pick up a “SAS quiz-card” at the STA booth to compete for an MP3 player. All correctly filled out quiz-cards will be placed in a bowl and the winning name will be drawn. (Hint; if you don’t know an answer, ask someone in the STA booth). The press or analyst name selected receives an MP3.
- ” Attending press and analysts are invited to ask for briefings on SAS during the show. If you have not already been scheduled for a SAS briefing, please ask the STA booth attendants to put you in touch with one of the three spokespersons available at the show.
For additional information, please contact STA’s public relations manager, Lea Schwartz, at 970-225-3753 or firstname.lastname@example.org