STA prepares for dynamic year with market advancements in 12Gb/s SAS, SSD’s and an expanding footprint in “Big Data”
SAN FRANCISCO – January 18, 2012 — The SCSI Trade Association (STA) (http://www.scsita.org/), a member-run industry association established to support and promote SCSI technology, today announced their newly elected Board of Directors for 2012. Re-elected to the position of STA President was Harry Mason of LSI Corp. Also re-elected was Martin Czekalski of Seagate Technology, who will serve as vice president.
Returning to the Board is Susan Bobholz of Intel, Cameron Brett of PMC-Sierra, Don Jeanette of Toshiba, Greg McSorley of Amphenol, Dan Reno of Western Digital and Alan Yoder of NetApp. Mike James of SanDisk was newly elected to the Board (see Board Roster below.)
“In 2011, SAS continued to further its entrenchment into Enterprise storage expanding significantly into host connectivity, clustering, high performance SSDs, as well as caching and tiering within the Cloud,” said Harry Mason, president of the SCSI Trade Association and director of Industry Marketing for LSI Corporation. “12Gb/s Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) was also announced in 2011 and the technology is progressing as anticipated. For 2012, expect significant market movement toward broad based 12Gb/s SAS adoption and more developments from STA in support of PCIe based storage and improved connectivity. STA is also anticipating a vigorous turnout for its Technology Showcase scheduled for May that will highlight many of these market advancements, along with some significant industry news. Expect further announcements in the coming days.”
2012 Officers of the STA Board of Directors
- President; Harry Mason, Director of Industry Marketing, LSI Corporation
- Vice President; Martin Czekalski, Interface Architecture Initiatives Manager, Seagate Technology
- Treasurer; Susan Bobholz, Storage Business Director, Storage Group, Intel
- Secretary; Cameron Brett, Manager of Product Marketing, PMC-Sierra, Inc.
STA Board Members-at-Large
- Mike James, Director, Engineering, Enterprise Storage Solutions, SanDisk Corporation
- Don Jeanette, Director, Product Marketing, Toshiba
- Greg McSorley, Technical Business Development Manager, Amphenol Corporation
- Dan Reno, Director, Technical Marketing Enterprise, Western Digital
- Alan Yoder, Senior Staff, CTO Office, NetApp
Chen Fwa Industrial Co.
The SCSI Trade Association (STA) was established in 1996 to provide a focal point for members to communicate the benefits of SCSI to the industry. STA promotes the understanding and use of Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) technology and influences the evolution of SCSI standards to meet future industry needs. The Association has a nine-member Board of Directors, which oversees the Marketing Communications and Technology Committees and all STA activities. To subscribe to Serial Storage Wire, STA’s free Serial Attached SCSI newsletter, please visit: http://www.scsita.org/serial-storage-wire/. For more information, please visit the STA web site at http://www.scsita.org, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the STA office at (415) 561-6273.
Note: All trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Global Connect Communications