San Francisco, Jan 18th 2011 – The SCSI Trade Association (STA), a member-run industry association established to support and promote SCSI technology, announced their newly elected Board of Directors for 2011. Re-elected to the position as president was Harry Mason of LSI Corp., who will serve as STA president. Also re-elected was Martin Czekalski of Seagate Technology, who will serve as vice president. Two new members, Alan Yoder of NetApp and Dan Reno of Western Digital, joined the Board. All other Board members served last year.
“In 2010, STA introduced our MultiLink SAStm initiative, which we will continue to develop and promote throughout 2011,” said Harry Mason, president of STA. “In addition, STA held the eleventh industry SAS plugfest, which included the first coordinated Mini-SAS active cable testing program. STA has numerous 2011 initiatives focused on advancing every level of tiered storage, including low-latency storage device like SSDs. Industry education through various outlets, including storage conferences, trade shows, electronic journals, and other publications, will continue to be a focus for the organization.
2011 Officers of the STA Board of Directors
- President; Harry Mason, Director of Industry Marketing, LSI Corporation
- Vice President; Martin Czekalski, Interface Architecture Initiatives Manager, Seagate Technology
- Secretary; Cameron Brett, Manager of Product Marketing, PMC-Sierra, Inc.
- Treasurer; Susan Bobholz, Storage Product Marketing Manager, Storage Group, Intel
STA Board Members-at-Large
- Greg McSorley, Technical Business Development Manager, Amphenol -GCS
- David Allen, Director, Business Management, Storage Products, Maxim
- Alan Yoder, Senior Staff CTO Office, NetApp
- Don Jeanette, Product Manager, Enterprise Marketing Group, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc.
- Dan Reno, Director Technical Marketing Enterprise, Western Digital
Current STA Membership Roster:
|ACARD Technology||Intel||PMC-Sierra Inc.|
|Amphenol – GSC||JDSU||Seagate Technology|
|BizLink Technology||LSI Corp.||Tyco Electronics|
|Cheng Fwa Industrial||Marvell Semiconductor||UNH (honorary)|
The SCSI Trade Association was established in 1996 to provide a focal point for members to communicate the benefits of SCSI to the industry. STA promotes the understanding and use of Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) technology and influences the evolution of SCSI standards to meet future industry needs. The Association has a nine-member Board of Directors, which oversees the Marketing Communications and Technology Committees and all STA activities. To subscribe to Serial Storage Wire, STA’s free Serial Attached SCSI newsletter, please visit: http://www.serialstoragewire.org. For more information, please visit the STA web site at http://www.scsita.org, send an email to email@example.com or call the STA office at (415) 561-6273.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For further information, contact:
SCSI Trade Association