San Francisco, February 12, 2007 – The SCSI Trade Association (STA), a member-run industry association established to support and promote SCSI technology, announced their newly elected Board of Directors for 2007. Re-elected to the position of president was Harry Mason of LSI Logic, now president for the sixth consecutive year.
New to the Board are Heidi A. Smith of HP and Martin Or of Emulex. Paul Vogt of Adaptec completed an unfinished term of office by a colleague who resigned last year, and was elected to a new term in 2007. The remainder of the nine-person Board was re-elected for another one-year term (see Board member roster below).
“2007 promises to be another great year for Serial Attached SCSI (SAS), as volume OEM shipments have continued to increase,” said Harry Mason, President of STA and Director, Industry Marketing, LSI Logic. “This year, STA will provide industry educational tools, such as a SAS Webinar, and will continue to publish Serial Storage Wire, the SAS newsletter, to educate the industry about the SAS market paradigm. STA will continue to play a critical role in guiding the market requirements and definition for next generation SAS.”
2007 STA Board of Directors:
- President; Harry Mason, Director, Industry Marketing, LSI Logic
- Vice President; Martin Czekalski, Interface Architecture Initiatives Manager, Seagate Technology
- Secretary; Don Jeanette, Sr. Manager, Product Marketing, Fujitsu Computer Products of America
- Treasurer; Rachelle Trent, SAS Product Marketing Manager, PMC-Sierra
Members at Large:
- Paul Vogt, Director, Product Marketing, Adaptec
- Martin Or, Director, Product Marketing, Emulex
- Heidi A. Smith, Product Marketing Manager for TTM Storage Products, HP
- Susan Bobholz, Ecosystem Enablement Manager, Storage Group, Intel
- David Allen, Director of Marketing, Storage Products Division, Vitesse
SAS plugfests will continue to play a key industry role in readying new SAS capabilities and products for volume deployment. The next plugfest will be scheduled for late 2007.
Current STA Membership
The SCSI Trade Association was established in 1995 to provide a focal point for members to communicate the benefits of SCSI to the industry. Today, STA promotes the understanding and use of Serial Attached SCSI technology and influences the evolution of SAS standards to meet future industry needs. The Association has a nine-member Board of Directors that oversees the Marketing Communications and Technology Committees and all STA activities. To subscribe to Serial Storage Wire, STA’s free Serial Attached SCSI newsletter, please visit: www.serialstoragewire.com. For more information, please visit the STA web site at http://www.scsita.org, send an email to email@example.com or call the STA office at 415-561-6273.
For further information, contact:
SCSI Trade Association
Point Public Relations
UNH-IOL Public Relations Manager
SAS Test Engineer