San Francisco, January 30, 2006 – The SCSI Trade Association (STA), a member-run industry association established to support and promote SCSI technology, announced their newly elected Board of Directors for 2006. Re-elected to the position of president was Harry Mason of LSI Logic, president from 1995 through 2000 and again from 2002 to 2006.
New to the Board are Don Jeannette of Fujitsu and Susan Bobholz of Intel. The remainder of the nine-person Board was re-elected for another one-year term (see Board-member roster below).
“2006 promises to be a great year for Serial Attached SCSI (SAS), as volume OEM shipments begin in earnest,” said Harry Mason, President of STA and Director, Industry Marketing, LSI Logic. “It will also be a pivotal year for bringing SAS into the system builder and system integrator market segments. STA will provide educational tools to assist the industry with this important market transition and will play a critical role in guiding the market requirements and definition for next generation SAS.”
2007 STA Board of Directors:
- President; Harry Mason, Director, Industry Marketing, LSI Logic
- Vice President; Martin Czekalski, Interface Architecture Initiatives Manager, Maxtor
- Secretary; Don Jeanette, Sr. Manager, Product Marketing, Fujitsu Computer Products of America
- Treasurer; Linus Wong, Director, Strategic Marketing, Adaptec
Members at Large:
- Paul Griffith, Strategic Marketing Manager, Broadcom
- Tonya Comer, Product Marketing Manager, Industry Standard Servers, HP
- Susan Bobholz, Ecosystem Enablement Manager, Storage Group, Intel
- Rachelle Trent, SAS Product Manager, PMC-Sierra
- David Allen, Director, Strategic Marketing, Storage Products Division, Vitesse
During the past year, STA has grown to 37 members, the largest membership to date. SAS plugfests will continue to play a key industry role in readying new SAS capabilities and products for volume deployment. Additional plugfests will be held during 2006.
Current STA Membership
Ario Data Networks
BIT Micro Networks
Fujitsu Computer Products of America
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies
The SCSI Trade Association was established in 1995 to provide a focal point for members to communicate the benefits of SCSI to the industry. Today, STA promotes the understanding and use of Serial Attached SCSI technology and influences the evolution of SAS standards to meet future industry needs. The Association has a nine-member Board of Directors that oversees the Marketing Communications and Technology Committees and all STA activities. To subscribe to Serial Storage Wire, STA’s free Serial Attached SCSI newsletter, please visit: www.serialstoragewire.com. For more information, please visit the STA web site at http://www.scsita.org, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the STA office at 415-561-6273.
For further information, contact:
SCSI Trade Association
Point Public Relations
UNH-IOL Public Relations Manager
SAS Test Engineer