San Francisco, February 16, 2004 – The SCSI Trade Association (STA), a member run industry consortium established to support and promote SCSI technology, announced their newly elected Board of Directors for 2004. Re-elected to the presidency was Harry Mason of LSI Logic, president from 1995 through 2000 and again from 2002 to 2004.
As STA anticipated two years ago, Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) products are entering the market in 2004. Specification approval by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) at the end of 2003 was announced jointly on January 28, 2004, by STA and INCITS. STA’s role is to ensure that new SAS standards meet the future needs of enterprise class storage solutions.
“The progress made by STA in the last year has been highly gratifying, as the organization has grown and members are developing and introducing their new SAS products right on schedule,” stated Harry Mason, President of the STA Board of Directors and Director of Industry Marketing at LSI Logic. “STA predicted in May, 2002, that products would start entering the market at this time and throughout the coming year, meeting a broad range of storage needs including SAS compatibility with Serial ATA.”
2004 STA Board of Directors
- President; Harry Mason, Director of Industry Marketing, LSI Logic Corp.
- Vice President; Martin Czekalski, Interface Architecture Initiatives Manager, Maxtor Corp.
- Secretary; Tonya Comer, Product Marketing Manager, Industry Standard Services, Hewlett-Packard
- Treasurer; Linus Wong, Director of Strategic Marketing, Adaptec, Inc.
Members at Large:
- Chris Croteau, Business Development Manager, Storage Technologies, Intel Corp.
- Werner Glinka, President of Glinka Co., Marketing Consultant for Hitachi GST
- Skip Jones, Director of Planning and Technology, QLogic Corp.
- William Schilling, Director, Global Product Marketing, Enterprise Storage Group, Seagate Technology
Current STA Membership
ACARD Technology Corp.
Agere Systems, Inc.
BizLink Technology Inc.
Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies
LSI Logic Corp.
Western Digital Corp.
The SCSI Trade Association was established in 1995 to provide a focal point for members to communicate the benefits of SCSI to the industry. STA promotes the understanding and use of SCSI technology and influences the evolution of SCSI standards to meet future industry needs. The Association has an eight-member Board of Directors, which oversees the Marketing Communications and Technology Committees and all STA activities. For more information, please visit the STA web site at http://www.scsita.org, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the STA office at (415) 561-6273.
For further information, contact:
SCSI Trade Association