Storage Networking World-Europe, 7 September, 2005; The SCSI Trade Association will present two events today:
- Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) tutorial, Wednesday, 7 September, at 14:20-15:05 hours (2:20-3:05pm), titled “SAS: the Universal Device Interconnect,” presented by Harry Mason of LSI Logic (president of STA) and Marty Czekalski of Maxtor (vice president of STA). Room location will be in the conference program.
- At 16:30 hours (4:30pm), a press conference, titled “SAS, the New SCSI Storage I/O,” held in the press area on 7 September, is open to all attending press and analysts. Attendees will be updated on Serial Attached SCSI market status;
- Overview of SAS
- SAS products on the market
- Comparison with existing storage I/O interconnects
- Advantages of SAS storage systems
- SAS/Serial ATA (SATA) compatibility
- New uses of SAS for blade servers and clustered storage
Press kits will be available in the SNW-E pressroom, Spektrum 1, and at the press conference.