The 2012 SCSI Trade Association Technology Showcase Event “Taming the Data Beast” Will Highlight the Latest in SAS Advancements
Take advantage of “Press and Analyst Sneak Peek” and be the first to see the latest SAS products and technologies and look ahead to what’s next in the storage industry
SAN FRANCISCO – January 24, 2012 — In today’s digital environment which continues to explode at a historically unprecedented rate, the datacenter has evolved into an atmosphere of increasing storage complexities, high transaction processing and a fracturing enterprise that can all add up to an unruly “beast.” At this year’s SCSI Trade Association (STA) (http://www.scsita.org/) Technology Showcase, attendees will see first-hand how cutting-edge Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) technology solutions are tackling these issues and “Taming the Data Beast.”
Formal invitations will be sent in March. For now, please make note of the following details on your calendar:
|What:||SCSI Trade Association Technology Showcase: Taming the Data Beast!|
Wednesday, May 9, 6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Note: “Press and Analyst Sneak Peek” begins at 5:00 p.m.
|Where:||Santa Clara Hyatt, 5101 Great America Parkway, Santa Clara, CA 95054|
Amphenol, HGST, HP, Intel, JDSU, LSI, LeCroy, Maxim, Molex,
PMC-Sierra, SanDisk, Seagate, TE, Toshiba, Volex, WD and Xyratex
You won’t want to miss…
- The Press and Analyst Wine and Cheese Sneak Peek at 5:00 p.m.
- Members of the press and analyst community are invited to take a first-hand look at the latest SAS storage products and technologies before the doors open to the public.
- You’ll see a host of compelling hands-on demonstrations showcasing 12Gb/s SAS, “no compromise” performance, advancements in storage scaling, server clustering, caching/tiering , reliability and connectivity.
- A registration bag with sponsored give-aways (storage SWAG).
- Industry breaking news surrounding PCIe-based storage and major announcements from industry leading server and storage OEMs.
- A newly innovated “Offloaded Data Transfer” (ODX) technology to perform data movement with tokenized operations.
- Presentations at 6:30 p.m., including expert insight from leading research and analyst firms IDC and Demartek on the complex storage industry.
- Special guest speakers to be announced.
- An opportunity to meet, network and discuss the latest trends with storage/server OEMs, industry influencers and experts.
- STA Hosted bar / reception at 7:30 p.m. featuring public demonstrations of the hottest advancements in enterprise storage.
“The STA Technology Showcase is a ‘can’t miss’ opportunity,” said Harry Mason, director of Industry Marketing, LSI, and president of STA. “We’re anticipating a significant industry announcement at the event and a vigorous turnout from the storage industry experts and influencers who will be eager to see and discuss market advancements in 12Gb/s SAS adoption, improved connectivity, developments from STA in support of PCIe based storage and more.”
Register NOW for your personalized tour of the STA Technology Showcase on the”Taming the Data Beast” Showcase website or RSVP to Linda Capcara at firstname.lastname@example.org, 480-229-7090. Be sure to return to the site frequently to keep current on the latest event details or follow-us on Twitter: @SAS_Storage.
The SCSI Trade Association (STA) was established in 1996 to provide a focal point for members to communicate the benefits of SCSI to the industry. STA promotes the understanding and use of Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) technology and influences the evolution of SCSI standards to meet future industry needs. The Association has a nine-member Board of Directors, which oversees the Marketing Communications and Technology Committees and all STA activities. To subscribe to Serial Storage Wire, STA’s free Serial Attached SCSI newsletter, please visit: http://www.scsita.org/serial-storage-wire/. For more information, please visit the STA web site at http://www.scsita.org, send an email to email@example.com or call the STA office at (415) 561-6273.
Global Connect Communications