Data storage thought leaders discuss how SAS is addressing a very large and growing market
San Francisco, December 8, 2016 — The SCSI Trade Association (STA), a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the understanding and use of Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) technology, today announced a new webinar titled “SAS: The Proven Storage Platform.”
Join STA’s president Rick Kutcipal and TRENDFOCUS’ Vice President Don Jeanette, in a timely webcast on the advantages of using SAS as a device interface, and how its capabilities as a connectivity solution are changing the way data centers are being deployed.
Webinar attendees will learn:
- Why SAS has a per-lane performance advantage over NVMe
- The architectural flexibility of SAS which provides for continuous technological advancements and further storage innovation
- Why and where SAS is being deployed and why some hyperscale applications will deploy PCIe over SATA
- The forecasted SAS capacity shipment with discussion on multiple market segments and storage device types and growth specifics for each
- How SAS devices continue to push the envelope on capacities, with endurance and lower pricing
The webinar will take place on Thursday, December 15, 2016 from 1:00 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. PST.
To register for the webinar, please visit: http://www.scsita.org/content/webinar-registration/
The SCSI Trade Association (STA) was established in 1996 to provide a focal point for members to communicate the benefits of SCSI to the industry. STA promotes the understanding and use of Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) technology and influences the evolution of SCSI standards to meet future industry needs. The Association has a nine-member Board of Directors, which oversees the Marketing Communications and Technology Committees and all STA activities. For more information, please visit the STA web site at http://www.scsita.org, send an email to email@example.com or call the STA office at (415) 561-6273.
TRENDFOCUS is the Data Storage Industry’s most trusted provider of market intelligence covering HDDs, NAND, SSDs, and the storage supply chain. Founded in 1993, our experienced team provides global clients with the exacting analysis needed to make complex decisions in today’s environment. Our competitive advantages include our methodology, our focus on developing deep relationships with clients, and our time-to-data agility.
SCSI Trade Association
# # #