Veteran Technology Leaders in Storage Industry Are a Major Asset to Advancing the Association’s Priorities
SAN FRANCISCO, February 20, 2018 — Serving as the voice of Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) technology used in data storage interconnects, the SCSI Trade Association (STA), today announced its 2018 Board of Directors. The veteran group of technology leaders have been elected to serve as a one-year term to develop strategic plans and executable programs that represent the interest of its members and the storage industry at large.
“IT departments that must manage fast-growing data in their enterprises rely on the well-defined, reliable and scalable attributes of SAS,” said Rick Kutcipal, president, STA and market segment lead, RAID, Storage Division, Broadcom Limited. “The demonstrated leadership and breadth of experience that each member of the STA board of directors brings to the storage industry will help continue that legacy of SAS as the storage interconnect of choice.”
The STA’s executive officers and board of directors for the 2018 term are:
- President: Rick Kutcipal, Market Segment Lead, RAID, Storage Division, Broadcom Limited
- Vice President: Jeremiah Tussey, Alliances Manager, Product Marketing, Data Center Solutions, Microsemi Corporation
- Secretary: Greg McSorley, Technical Business Development Manager, Amphenol GCS
- Treasurer: Chet Mercado, Technical Marketing Engineer/Third Party Alliance, Western Digital Corporation
- Cameron T. Brett, Director, SSD Product Marketing, Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc.
- Jeff Mason, Principal R&D Engineer, TE Connectivity Ltd.
- Gary McCulley, Product Line Manager, Data Center Group, Intel Corporation
- Mike Miller, Executive Director, Advanced Development, Seagate Technology PLC
- Jay Neer, Industry Standards Manager, Molex, LLC
- Michael T. LoBue, CAE, SCSI Trade Association, Executive Director
“SAS technology continues to thrive,” said Don Jeanette, TRENDFOCUS, the data storage industry’s most trusted source of market intelligence. “As with many other storage devices and interfaces, both vendors and customers have found a way to expand an existing connector and protocol into various applications and server and storage environments. SAS-supported devices are no different. TRENDFOCUS sees the success of SAS continuing for quite some time.”
STA Membership Roster:
BizLink Technology Inc.
ConnPro Industries Inc.
Marvell Technology Group Ltd.
Samsung Semiconductor Inc.
Seagate Technology PLC
TE Connectivity Ltd.
Teledyne LeCroy, Inc.
Toshiba America Electronic
Western Digital Corporation
The SCSI Trade Association (STA) was established in 1996 to provide a focal point for members to communicate the benefits of SCSI to the industry. STA promotes the understanding and use of Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) technology and influences the evolution of SCSI standards to meet future industry needs. The Association has a ten-member Board of Directors, which oversees the Marketing Communications and Technology Committees and all STA activities. For more information, please visit the STA web site at http://www.scsita.org, send an email to email@example.com or call the STA office at (415) 561-6273.
SCSI Trade Association
TechTHiNQ on behalf of STA
# # #